The Metro Corridor is the first metro rail network in Mumbai built on the Mumbai Metro One’s 11.4 km Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar (WAG). Mumbai Metro was launched on June 8, 2014, from Versova to Ghatkopar. Below in this article, we will inform about the Mumbai Metro Train Timings And Route Map With Distances. and fare details for each station.
Stations on Versova Andheri Ghatkopar Mumbai Metro Rail Line:
The 12 Metro stations on the Versowa – Andheri – Ghatkopar Mumbai Metro Line 1 are as follows:
|NO.||MUMBAI METRO ONE STATION||AREAS COVERED BY MUMBAI METRO STATION|
|1||Versova (Start/End)||Yari Road, 7 Bungalows, Versova, Goraipada, Model Town, Ratan Kunj, Mudaran Press Colony, SV Patel Nagar|
|2||D.N. Nagar (Intersection)||Lokhandwala, 4 Bungalows, Andheri West RTO, Mhada, Manish Nagar, Shitladevi Chawl,|
|3||Azad Nagar||Link Road, Fame Adlabs, Munshi Nagar, Veera Desai Road, Bhavan’s College, Bhardawadi, Navrang Cinema, Dattaguru Nagar|
|4||Andheri||SV Road, Mathuradas Road, JP Road, Vile Parle, Jogeshwari, Western and Harbour Lines at Andheri Station, Gaothan|
|5||Western Express Highway||Makakali Caves Road, Cardinal Gracias Road, Suren Road, Sahar Road, Mota Nagar, Bima Nagar, Parsi Colony|
|6||Chakala||Guru Har Govindji Road, JB Nagar, Cross Road B, Mulgaon, SEEPZ, Andheri MIDC|
|7||Airport Road||Marol, Pipeline Road, Greater Indira Nagar, Maheshwari Nagar, Saifee Park Colony, George Nagar, Ashok Nagar|
|8||Marol Naka||Makwana Road, Gohar HM Road, Marol Maroshi Road, Chimatpada, Gamdevi,|
|9||Saki Naka||Pipeline Road, 90 Feet Road, Saki Vihar Road, Nair Wadi, Sag Baug|
|10||Asalpha (Subhash Nagar)||Asalpha, Subash Nagar, Maneklal Estate, Bhatwadai, Narayan Nagar, Chirag Nagar|
|11||Jagruti Nagar||RB Kadam Road, Jai Hanuman Society, RM Joshi Marg, Sarvodaya, Jagdusha Nagar, Amrut Nagar|
|12||Ghatkopar (Start/End)||Ghatkopar, Vidyavihar, Pant Nagar, Sai Baba Nagar, Naidu Colony, Anjaria Wadi|
The busiest Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar (VAG) Metro train station is Ghatkopar (around 100,000 passengers) followed by Andheri, Saki Naka, Marol Naka, Chakala, WEH, Airport Road, DN Nagar, Versova, Azad Nagar, Asalpha, Jagruti Nagar. With the linking of the Andheri Metro and Andheri Western/Harbor Railway Stations, traffic on this Metro line is expected to further increase.
Fare For Mumbai Metro:
Mumbai Metro single journey ticket price is Rs 10 to Rs 40. Passengers with pay only Rs 10 to Rs 32 for these tickets. Metro “Store Value Pass” (Smartcard) holders pay only Rs 18 (for Rs 20 ticket), Rs 27 (instead of Rs 30) and Rs 32 (instead of Rs 40). Reliance Mumbai Metro passengers get a discount for same-day Return tickets. The price of the Metro Return Ticket ranges from Rs 20 to Rs 60.
The cheapest way to travel on the Reliance Versowa-Andheri-Ghatkopar Mumbai Metro is with a 45 Trip Pass. Passengers can make 45 single trips in a 30 day period from the date of issue or reload. The price of the 45 Trip Pass ranges from Rs 675 to Rs 900.
Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd (MMOPL), the operators of Mumbai VAG Metro want the ticket prices to range from Rs 10 to Rs 110, but public pressure and court judgment have kept Metro ticket prices under control. Mumbai Metro offers commuters single tickets (with the magnetic token) and contactless smart cards (stored value cards) for multiple journeys.
Timing, Frequency, Capacity of VAG Metro Line 1:
- Mumbai Metro starts at 5:20 am and closes around midnight.
- First VAG Mumbai Metro train from Versova starts at 5:20 am and from Ghatkopar at 5:29 am.
- The last VAG Mumbai Metro train from Versova leaves at 11:20 pm and from Ghatkopar at 11:46 pm.
- Frequency of Mumbai VAG (Versova – Andheri – Ghatkopar) Metro is 4 minutes during peak hours and 8 minutes during non-peak hours. Peak time is from 8:00 am to 11:30 am and from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Travel time from Versova to Ghatkopar (W) is only 21 minutes.
The average speed of Mumbai Versova – Andheri – Ghatkopar Metro train is 33 Km per hour. The top speed is 80 Kmph.
- MMOPL has 16 trains with 4 coaches per train/rake/car. All-Metro coaches are air-conditioned.
- Each 4 coach train (or rake) has the capacity to carry 1,178 passengers.
- Later VAG Metro 1 trains will have 6 coaches with a capacity of 1,650 passengers.
- There are 270 to 280 services daily on Mumbai Metro One.
- It is estimated that daily 700,000 commuters will use Versowa – Andheri – Ghatkopar Metro.
- The coaches for VAG Mumbai Metro 1 are made by Chinese firm CSR Nanjing.
Metro Line 2A:
- Metro Line 2A from Dahisar to D N Nagar is 18.589 km. long elevated corridor with 17 stations.
- It shall provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Western Railway, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova), the ongoing Metro Lines 2B (D N Nagar to Mandale) & 7 (Andheri (E) to Dahisar (E)) and the proposed Metro Line 6 (Swami Samarth Nagar to Vikhroli).
- It shall facilitate smooth and efficient interchange with the suburban rail system and MRT system at Dahisar and D N Nagar.
- It shall provide connectivity between the Western, Central Mumbai and the Northern suburban Mumbai.
- It shall provide rail based access to the commercial and geographical landmarks in Mumbai.
- It shall reduce the current travel time by anything between 50% and 75% depending on road conditions.
|Dahisar to D N Nagar||18.589 km|
Metro Line 2B:
- Metro Line 2B from D N Nagar to Mandale is 23.643 km. long elevated corridor with 22 stations.
- It shall provide interconnectivity among the existing Western Express Highway, Eastern Express Highway, Western Railway, Central Railway, Mono Rail, Metro Line 1 (Ghatkopar to Versova) and Metro Line 2A (Dahisar to D N Nagar), Metro Line 4 (Wadala to Kasarvadavali) & Metro Line 3 (Colaba to SEEPZ) under implementation.
- It shall provide connectivity between the Eastern & Western Suburban Mumbai.
- It shall provide rail based access to the commercial, Govt. bodies and geographical landmarks in Mumbai.
- Dedicated Depot is planned at Mandale in up to an extent of 22 Ha. land area.
- It shall reduce the current travel time by anything between 50% and 75% depending on road conditions.
|D.N. NAGAR – MANDALE||23.643 km|
Metro Train Line3:
Mumbai Metro Train Line3 is a 33.5 KMs long underground corridor running along Colaba-Bandra-SEEPZ. The length of the corridor is marked with 27 key stations out of which 26 will be underground and 1 in grade. The details of the stations are:
|3||Churchgate||2,204||WR Suburban station|
|5||CST Metro||3,910||CR Terminus|
|8||Grant Road||7,044||WR Suburban Station|
|9||Mumbai Central Metro||7,960||WR Terminus, ST bus depot|
|10||Mahalaxmi||9,056||WR Suburban Station|
|12||Acharya Atre Chowk||11,278|
|24||Marol Naka||28,981||Metro Line 1|
Mumbai Metro Line4:
(Wadala – Ghatkopar – Mulund – Thane – Kasarvadavali)
- Line 4 Train Route: Wadala to Ghatkopar to Thane Kasarvadavli.
- Length (KM) : Total 32.3 kilometres.
- Dedicated Depots are planned in Owale land in up to an extent of 20 Ha. and in Godrej Land is up to 15.50 Ha. Area.
Wadala TT Metro – Ankit Nagar Bus Depot – EEH Junction – Siddharth Colony – Amar Mahal – Goradia Nagar – Pant Nagar – Laxmi Nagar – Ghatkopar Shreyas Cinema – Godrej Colony – Vikhroli Metro – Surya Nagar – Kanjurmarg Gandhi Nagar – Naval Housing – Bhandup Mahapalika Bhandup Metro – Shangrila – Sonapur – Mulund Fire Station – Mulund Naka – Teen Haath Naka – Thane RTO Office – Mahapalika Marg Thane – Cadbury Junction – Majiwada – Kapurbawdi Manpada – Tikuji-Ni-Wadi – Dongri Pada – Vijay Garden – Kasarvadavali
Mumbai Metro Line5:
(Thane Bhiwandi Kalyan)
- Line 5 Train Route: Thane Kapurbawdi to Bhiwandi to Kalyan.
- Length: 24.9 Kilometres.
- Project Status: Bidding Stage as of 2018 and Now in 2019 at the Tender stage. Expected for a trial at end of 2022 and open to the public by 2023.
Considering the rapid growth in Thane – Bhiwandi – Kalyan area and to connect the unconnected Bhiwandi city to Kalyan & Thane city through an appropriate efficient mass transport system, the consultant was appointed for preparation of DPR for the said corridor. A consultant has submitted the final Detailed Project Report to MMRDA.
Thane Kapurbawdi – Balkum Naka – Kasheli – Kalher – Purna – Anjurphata Dhamankar – Naka Bhiwandi Junction – Gopal Nagar – Temghar – Rajnauli Village – Gove Goan MIDC – Kon Gaon – Durgadi Fort – Sahajanand Chowk – Kalyan Railway Station – Kalyan APMC.
Mumbai Metro Line6:
(Swami Samarth Nagar Jogeshwari Kanjurmarg Vikhroli)
- Line 6 Train Route: JVLR (Jogeshwari Vikhroli) in east till Kanjurmarg (Central Suburb)
- Length (KM) : Total 14.5 kilometres.
- Total Stations: About 11 to 12 stations.
- Project Status: Bidding Stage as of 2018, As of 2019 Work in progress and Expected End date is last quarter of 2021. Which also means operational for the public in the year 2022.
Swami Samarth Nagar – Adarsh Nagar – Jogeshwari West – JVLR Western – Express Highway Junction – Shyam Nagar – Mahakali Caves – Seepz Village – Saki Vihar Road – Rambaug – Powai Lake – IIT Powai – Gandhi Nagar – Vikhroli Eastern Express Highway.
Mumbai Metro Line 7:
(Andheri East Dahisar East)
- Line 7 Train Route: JVLR (Jogeshwari Vikhroli) in east till Kanjurmarg (Central Suburb)
- Length (KM) : Total 16.5 kilometres.
- Total Stations: About 12 to 14 stations.
- Line Type: Elevated Above National Highway 8
- Project Status: Under Construction of 2018, the First quarter of the year 2019 showed the progress of over 50 to 60 percent of work completed and to be completed by the Year 2020, Thrown open to the public in 2021.
Andheri East Metro Junction – Shankarwadi – JVLR Junction – Mahanand – Dairy Aarey – Pathanwadi – Pushpa Park – Bandongri – Mahindra & Mahindra – Magathane – Devi Pada – National Park – Ovaripada – Dahisar East.
Mumbai Metro Line8:
(Mumbai Airport (International) to Mankhurd)
About 35 Kilometres, this metro route is just decided on and a process of study of preparing the project reports. Metro 8 will connect Mandale (Mankhurd) with Metro 2B. Work may end by early or mid-2024 and may be open to public use by 2024.
Mumbai Metro Line9:
(Dahisar East, Mira Road (Mira Bhayandar) Andheri Airport)
Metro 9 is actually and extension of Metro 7 which has 7A route too. It was on the Bidding stage in 2018 and Now processing tender as of 2019, It’s a 10.5 Kilometre route that will have 10 stations. Connectivity to Dahisar East will be Metro 7 (Andheri to Dahisar) and 2A (DN Nagar to Dahisar). Metro 10 will also be inter-connecting this route (Gaimukh and Thane Kasarwadavli).
Mid of the year 2022, Metro 9 route should be ready for use which is 13.5 Kilometer of the total distance (Including Route 7A)
Mumbai Metro Line10:
(Gaimukh on Ghodbundar Road Kasarwadavli, Shivaji Chowk in Thane)
Project Reports Finalized in 2018 and as of 2019 the proposal is still pending for this route of approximately between 9.2 to 11.2 Kilometres and is at a very early stage. 2024 can be expected as Metro 10 route operational.
Mumbai Metro Line11:
(Wadala GPO (CSMT)
Project Reports to be Finalized (2018) for this route of approximately 12.7 to 14 Kilometres and is at a very early stage as its the same as Route 10 (Proposal pending status). Parallel to dates of route 10, This route is also expected to be public by the year 2024.
Mumbai Metro Line12:
Project Reports to be Finalized (2018) for this route of 20.7 Kilometres and is at a very early stage (Approvals done as of 2019 and project end dates not yet calculated).
Mumbai Metro Line13:
(Shivaji Chowk (Kashi Mira) Virar
Covering about 24 Kilometres, This will be a boon route for all Vasai Virar residents as that is one of the most crowded locations for local trains. Project reports are been prepared and it is a long way to go.
Link Road Project: Nothing like it if railway track parallels Link road project from Virar that will connect C S Link Road Dahisar is also finished in next few years. The main hurdle was of Bhayandar creek and it seems like positively people from Vasai Virar may save 10 Km route to reach National Highway which is currently the only road route.
Mumbai Metro Train Fare Details:
|Kilometers (Km)||Fares (Rs.)|
|Up to 3||8|
|3 to 8||10|
|8 to 12||12|
|12 to 15||14|
|15 to 20||17|
|20 to 25||20|
|25 to 30||22|
|30 and above||24|
Andheri Versova to Ghatkopar Metro Timetable:
With the updated news on inauguration day, the train will be running every 4 minutes during peak hours and in a gap of 8 Minutes during non-Peak (Off Office Hours) schedules from morning 5:30 AM till midnight which is about 11.45 PM, We believe people will not need a typical timetable like one for our local trains.